miércoles, marzo 01, 2006

Quintessence

I learned something new today. I try to learn something new every day and if I really pay attention to life and what surrounds me, I usually learn a lot. Today, my day started with a lesson. Did you know that a long time ago, people believed the earth was made up of water, earth, fire, and air, and that everything else in the universe such as the planets and stars was made of an unknown fifth element? Quinta essentia in Latin it was called, hence the word quintessence. And because of its importance, if this quintessence could be captured or isolated, it could cure all diseases. So this makes me think, what's quintessential in my life? Besides the water that hydrates and cleanses me, the fire that burns in my heart when I learn and open my mind, the earth my feet trod as I seek to make a difference in my little world, the precious air that strengthens me... What is that fifth element in my life that if captured and isolated could cure me of all disease? I know an element above all elements, the Creator of Elements, the Periodic Table Himself whose main desire is to cure me. Funny thing is that I don't need to capture or isolate Him. He's right here beside me waiting for me to acknowledge Him as the pure Essence in my life. But here's an interesting twist about the word quintessence. Modern physicists have given the word a new meaning - "dark energy" which is what makes up 70% of the universe. You know, it's just like the enemy to try to inch his way into something pure and murk it all up. It's the age-old conflict between good and evil all over again. Today I make the choice to make God quintessential in my life. And I hold on to the promise that He will one day vaporize the dark energy forever and take me to live with Him for all eternity.

8 comentarios:

Kev dijo...

for a minute I thought you were talking about La Quinta Inn...

joy dijo...

I bare my soul, philosophize about life and God, and all you have to say is "La Quinta Inn??"

Kev dijo...

i think i may be staying there tonight...

Anónimo dijo...

Guys , are you so techie you can only talk eachother through blogs! Thanks for sharing your life! Now I have 2 nice books to review from time to time and I really enjoy the spirituality ...and the humor!

Kev dijo...

i don't know...what do you think, Joy?

Anónimo dijo...

Hi Joy,
I discovered your blog last week and have enjoyed it. Ha, ha, "enjoyed". Keep up the good work. Love, Barbara

Kev dijo...
Este blog ha sido eliminado por un administrador de blog.
Kev dijo...

Look...my mom cracked a joke!